It's hard to swallow maybe because my adams apple is very large. when swallowing my tongue bashes my plate so hard, could this eventually cause palate to become high, it feels higher?

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. John Chiu answered

Get it checked out: Your Adams apple has nothing to do with your swallowing. Get checked for macroglossia which may be related to amyloidosis and other potential causes. One of the clues is indentation of the tongue from tooth marks. See an ENT or dentist to get this checked out. It is unlikely that your palate can change shape at your age.

Answered 7/3/2015

2.7k views

Dr. Charles Lockhart answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Evaluation: Suggest a dental evaluation. You may have a large tongue and constricted palatal vault which could be improved with palatal expansion.

Answered 7/3/2015

2.7k views

Coincident problems: Please see your PCP or ENT for evaluation of Adams Apple. Please see Dentist or Orthodontist for evaluation of palate shape and tongue function. Changing shape of adult's palate usually requires orthodontic treatment and oral surgery. You need to be examined and evaluated. Please make the necessary appointments.

Answered 7/3/2015

2.7k views

Dr. Louis Gallia answered

Specializes in Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

No: No chance. See ENT if you feel Adams apple is abnormal. See orthodontist to assess changes in palate due to tongue.

Answered 7/3/2015

2.6k views