WA

the hard palate skin in my mouth is peeling. when it peels, many layers peel which includes all of the parts and pieces within the layers and the gum line behind my teeth. it doesn't bleed. i spit out what i can but most often i have to swallow it. i have

Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Trauma?: The mucosa or tissue overlying the hard palate does not usually slough or peel off unless there is some history of trauma, or some underlying pathology. Without more information regarding any possible causative factors and/or a clinical examination, you should see your dentist for evaluation.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
See your: dentist, oral surgeon or possibly a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and therapy.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
Provided original answer
Happy to be of service.
Jun 25, 2015
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Abnormal: Abnormal. See an oral surgeon for examination.

Last updated Jan 16, 2021