Aurora, CO

The top of my foot is swollen, painful and inflamed. difficult to walk barefoot. swollen every evening. 3 weeks. along middle toe bone.

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Stop stressing it.: Swollen painful and inflamed are certainly signs that something is amiss. Swollen in the evening and along the third toe sounds like a possible stress fracture of the 3rd metatarsal. The possibility of an infection must be considered, however my money is on the fracture. Rest, elevation and ice will help but you need to have it thoroughly evaluated and a treatment plan started.
Dr. David Kahan
Dr. David Kahan commented
Podiatry 32 years experience
Completely agree with the stress fracture.
Mar 5, 2017

Last updated Nov 28, 2017