Romania

do you have to eat a little more calories than your maintenance level when you're injured so that you can recover faster?

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Injury: It is probably more important to make sure the person takes in enough protein to help with healing as well as vitamin C. Increased intake of calories may not be enough. watch for alternative points of view from other physicians
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Yum Yum: Injured tissue relies on some essential vitamin, minerals and proteins to help with the repair. These include Vitamins A,C, foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids like salmon. Zinc is thought to help with repair. Zinc can be found in chicken and nuts. Of course proteins as found in beef, chicken and eggs.