U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

Hi, i'm 32 years old; i noticed that my left side of the rib cage one bone near the bottom of the cage is dent inward. should i go to the clinic?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 32 years experience
Maybe : That spends on whether or not its causing any problems. Its probably been that way all along, and you just noticed it. If you're worried, see a primary care provider for a proper evaluation. Hope this helps!
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
No: Rib cages often have asymmetries like these. If you feel okay, ignore it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.