U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
State College, PA
A 21-year-old female asked:

I'm on risperdal. im experiencing major distress but i can't see my psychiatrist for 2wks. i called but they cant help me until then. what shouldi do

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Derek Isenberg
Emergency Medicine 17 years experience
Crisis center: If your psychiatrist is unable to see you, and you're having severe symptoms, you should go to the nearest psychiatric crisis center for help. However, you should expressed your psychiatrist how severe your symptoms are and that you need to be seen earlier than your appointment. It's always Better if you can see the Doctor Who knows you

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 11, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.