KS

My dad was given two weeks to live he has stage four esophagus cancer and i was wondering what it would be like for him if he will be in a lot of pain?

Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
Hospice care: I am so sorry to hear of your father's illness. Hospice can help your father remain comfortable. Please call them or ask your doctor for a referral.
Dr. Susan Albow
Integrative Medicine 22 years experience
Hospice care: Speak with your doctor about hospice care. He can remain at home and receive end of life care, including pain management. The goal of the care is to help people who are dying to have peace, comfort and dignity.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine 35 years experience
Why ?: Would he be in pain? Any doctor will give him pain meds and tranquilizers for comfort.. Eating and drinking are secondary issues to comfort even if the end is hastened. Get hospice involved. There are also doctors who specialize in end of life care and you can ask for a " palliation care" consult

Last updated May 19, 2015