India

My gum of teeth(with rct and cap) is feeling sensitive when having any thing hot. rct is fine as got cray done again.what cud be the reason?

Dr. Kevin Nail
Dentistry 11 years experience
Root canal pain: You could have gingival (gum issues). Maybe once of your teeth next door to the tooth with the RCT is having the issue. You could have an incomplete fracture in the root canal treated tooth that wouldn't necessarily show up on the X-ray and early in the clinical exam would not show up. How long ago did your dentist check this? I would go back for an evaluation.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
It is not normal: After a root canal the tooth should not be sensitive to hot or cold, but it's not unusual for your tooth to be sensitive to biting. If this persists after a few weeks you should contact your dentist.

Last updated May 18, 2015