I am 6 weeks 1 day pregnant with my third and my doctor could not see anything in my uterus on a trans abdominal ultrasound. should i worry?

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Maybe: if you have a positive pregnancy test at 6 weeks, I would expect to see at least a gestational sac in the uterus, as well as a yolk sac. that you do not have one perhaps means that you are less than 6 weeks. Alternatively you could have a pregnancy outside the uterus that has to be evaluated using a blood test called an HCG. stay in close contact with your doctor, see the ED for any pain/bleeding.
Dr. Timothy Brown
Probably not : You may simply be a little too early. You do need to watch carefully until the situation is more clear. An HCG level would be useful as well as what, if any, symptoms you are having.
Last updated May 5, 2015