i was sick for the last two weeks, sinuses felt packed and i felt drained. now sinuses are ok but i still have this bad throat soreness like a ball in the back of my throat behind my nose. i've tried a neti pot, mucinex, zyrtec and flonase. i don't know w

Dr. James Weekly
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
A bit more time..: Not sure whether your main complaint was congestion (inability to breathe through the nose) or facial pain/pressure. I's not uncommon for a true sinusitis to take 3 weeks or even more to clear. Saline nasal rinse is always a good choice but if symptoms persist (or worsen) may be time to see your doctor or an ENT.
Answered on May 5, 2015
1
1
Dr. James Weekly
Provided original answer
The post-nasal discomfort could be caused by increased or recent drainage from the nasal cavity and again should be getting better in the next week or so. If not, or if symptoms worsen, I usually recommend getting it looked at!
May 5, 2015