U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

I have had pain on my right side above the hip below the rib cage. a tender spot in the muscle about the size of my thumb. since wednesday?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Pulled muscle: you could have pulled a muscle. When you discuss this with your physician to ask about issues like the intestine, gallbladder, the kidney as other possibilities. But if it's right on the surface I suspect it's the muscle

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.