FL

oncology: does my present medical and/or surgical oncologist at a large medical center arrange for an independent second opinion that i want, or do i?

Dr. Lewis Hassell
Pathology 39 years experience
Second opinions: The reason for the second opinion often guides who does the legwork of arranging the consult and with whom. Many patients and families benefit from consulting an expert at another center, which may also include (or be limited to) review of xrays, biopsy slides or other studies. Your present doctor can facilitate, but it often works best when you inform them of your interest, your reasons, and go.