A member asked:

My boyfriend thinks he has mrsa. he had a dried cut on his lip and kissed me. he is now complaining of swelling on his face. will i get mrsa from him?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. John Feola answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

R/O MRSA: MRSA IS A VERY AGGRESSIVE TYPE OF SKIN INFECTION. If he has it he is very sick right now and on very strong oral or IV ABS. IF THAT IS THE CASE, YOU NEED A NASAL CULTURE FOR MRSA TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT A CARRIER.& you need to be treated with nasal Bactroban . You need to see a doctor get an exam a&discuss options.

Answered 6/10/2021



Related Questions