Elmwood Park, NJ

I have a reoccurring staph infection, mrsa. it keeps comming back every month and jumping locations, from rear to breast to back of head.

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
Infectious diseaseMD: Is it cultured MRSA or regular staph. You should speak to an infectious disease md for treatment. Do you scratch yourself? Itch? Possibly at night? You may have MRSA under the nails and seeding the skin. Normlly you treat MRSA and it resolves you have to culture it find out what it is sensitive to and use those antibiotics. Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) ds, and zyvox is made specifically for mrsa culture your nose too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ryan Phasouk
I agree, sounds suspicious for MRSA. Great advice, Dr Messina.
Apr 22, 2014
Last updated Jan 13, 2020