A member asked:

Can a podiatrist recommend a healthy workboot or insole? i need high arch support, a wide toebox and good heel support. i work as a zookeeper. thanks.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Fred Nagata answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Custom orthotics: It sounds like you have a pes cavus foot type,(high arch) This type of foot requires a deeper shoe and wider toe box. There are no adequate over the counter inserts I know off. You can built up the bottom of the arch support. The best is to obtain a custom orthtotic made from a mold of your foot. This stabilization will decrease the splaying of your forefoot which will decrease toe space.

Answered 4/26/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

Which is better for neuromas and fallen arches? Foot ortho or podiatrist?

12 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor