U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

I have gt swelling n pain in ma left testicle. thr is some hardness i feel some growth. wat cud it be ? which specialist doc shud i see ? pl advice

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jason Sample
General Surgery 25 years experience
Many things: The best place to start is with a GP. Swelling in the scrotum has a wide differential diagnosis, but a general practitioner is the place to start. He/She should be able to either to make the diagnosis or at least get you on the correct path. It could be: hernia, hydrocele, epidydimitis, tumor (less likely), or something else. An ultrasound might help clarify.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.