Hillsborough, NJ

Stopped percocet 5mg 48hrs ago. is it ok to take my xanax (alprazolam) before my flight? know i shouldn't combine the two so is percocet out of my system?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
Ask your doctor : It takes Percocet 4-5 days to be out of your system (non-detected on urine drug screening). You should ask your doctor who knows you if it is safe to take your xanax (alprazolam) before your flight. If your doctor gives you the green light, just keep in mind that you could experience some added drowsiness. Talk about starting with half your usual dose. You can always take the other half later if needed.

Last updated Jun 18, 2017