MI

i have dull pain above my hip that wraps around to my back. i went to the doctor and she believes it is a strained muscle. they did test my urine and there is no blood. do i need to worry ?

Dr. David Lipkin
No: It does sound like your doctor is correct: The pain sounds like it is of musculoskeletal origin. This type of pain usually increases with certain movements(e.g. bending, twisting)As such, it should gradually subside over the next few days or 1-2 weeks. If it persists or gets worse consult your doctor for reevaluation.

Last updated May 26, 2019