IL

when i press down on top of left rib fells like air under it why ...been bothering me on and off for a while ...i seen a nurse that said could be spleen need to get check asap but my dr did not take in concern to it?

Dr. Vance Harris
Subcutaneous emphysema: This sounds like it could be subcutaneous emphysema. Gas gets trapped under the skin, could be a collapsed lung or rib fracture but infections can do this as well. Most of the conditions that cause subcutaneous emphysema are very severe, and you are likely already being treated by a doctor. Sometimes a hospital stay is needed, especially if due to an infection. I would get seen now.