IL

I was pulling on a tray that was stuck and felt a sharp pain in my hand. now my ring and pinky fingers hurt at the base. the pain radiates into my wrist. i can extend and they feel a bit tight. however it hurts the most when i form a fist?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Tendon strain: Occasionally, when pulling on something with great force, tendons in the wrist may become stretched and pulled. As they swell due to the injury, the sheath they pass through in the wrist can cause additional pressure on that area and result in pain, tingling and numbness in the wrist and fingers. Apply ice, rest the area overnight and take Ibuprofen to relieve the inflammation.

Last updated Feb 20, 2021