Murray, UT

I have health anxiety and ocd. i feel i need to check my blood pressure and heart rate anytime something bad is on my mind. 120/80 unless panic attack?

Dr. Aaron Ament
59 years experience
Alone is hard: dealing with this alone isn't working. A psychiatrist should be able to help. Toughingg it out doesn't get you points - only pain. You've been trying. time to bring in an ally.
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology 24 years experience
I'm not sure about: Your question?? Checking and body scanning are typical signs and symptoms of OCD that is health related and hypochondriasis. However, 120/80 is normal blood pressure, but may change after exercise, stress, and yes panic. It should recover to these levels soon after.
Last updated May 14, 2016