A member asked:

Ive had an asymptomatic communicating hydrocele since birth. are there any ways for me to restrict/reverse the "flow" besides just lying horizontally?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. James Krick answered

Specializes in Urology

Not really: At best, it will remain the same but may well continue to dilate and allow more than just liquid into the scrotum. That is to say, you have a congenital hernia that potentially will allow bowel and other solid structures into the scrotum. You may want to consider surgical repair by a urologist

Answered 4/6/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

What will happen if I don't have my communicating hydrocele repaired?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Are there any sides effect of not doing the communicating hydrocele repaire?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor