right areola has a large raised bump, similar to pimple but without a whitehead. it is very itchy and i'm not sure what it is. thoughts?

Dr. Zachary Veres
Lump: One would want to know if it is hard and fixed or is it freely moveable. Any discharge from nipple or skin changes around lesion. Any family history of breast cancer? How long has it been there. Are you breast feeding? Sounds like a cyst or abscess forming but you would need to be checked out in person so the right treatment could be started on you. Hope this helps