I think i got a heat rash on my neck from the heat a few days ago. the bumps are either red or look like whiteheads and are super itchy what can i do?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Heat Rash: A heat rash is usually red and non itchy. It often resolves with a cool compress and getting out of the heat. The fact that the rash is persisting and contains whit bumps suggests you were in contact with something you may be sensitive to. Try Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and a mild hydrocortisone cream topically to see if this helps. Follow up with your doctor. All the best.

Last updated Apr 16, 2015