NC

What does it mean to have red cell distribution width 16.3h, absolute neutrophilis 9.5h, segmented neutrophils 79.7h, lymphocytes 14.2, blood gas base excess 2.8h, blood gas bicarbonate 27.9h, carbon dioxide 31h, glusoe 143h, can you explain my results?

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
No. Ask your doctor.: To interpret your venous blood tests we need complete blood cell count test results. To interpret your arterial blood gas test we need arterial pH and pO2 values. The only conclusions I can make with this limited data are that you may have a bacterial infection and that your blood sugar is slightly high. (?) BTW carbon dioxide of 31 is not high. Normal range is 35-45. Ask your doctor!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Need more space: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, if the blood was collected in a fasting state, the blood glucose level is of concern and you need to be evaluated. Other results should only be evaluated along with history, physical findings and symptoms.
Last updated Feb 26, 2015