What does it mean to have red cell distribution width 16.3h, absolute neutrophilis 9.5h, segmented neutrophils 79.7h, lymphocytes 14.2, blood gas base excess 2.8h, blood gas bicarbonate 27.9h, carbon dioxide 31h, glusoe 143h, can you explain my results?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

To interpret your venous blood tests we need complete blood cell count test results. To interpret your arterial blood gas test we need arterial pH and pO2 values. The only conclusions I can make with this limited data are that you may have a bacterial infection and that your blood sugar is slightly high. (?) BTW carbon dioxide of 31 is not high. Normal range is 35-45. Ask your doctor!

Answered Feb 26, 2015

3.2k views