NC

i was diagnosed with cinll from an ecc and my leep came back with no dysplasia. does this mean that it has resolved, or she might not have gone deep enough in cervix to remove?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Could be both: It could be both of your answers. Mild dysplasia (CIN I) has been known to spontaneously reverse the process and become normal epithelium again. It could also be that the initial pap/biopsy was incorrect prior to the LEEP procedure. It would still be a good idea to return for frequent pap smears and followup within 6 months to be certain of the absence of recurrent CIN.(dysplasia)

Last updated Jul 29, 2017