what could cause severe itching on the sole of the foot and underarms? no visible rash

2 doctor answers
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
22 years experience Podiatry
May be nerve...: Without a visible rash and/or break in the skin, the sensation of "itching" is nerve related. Keep track of what may be related to its onset - such as 1) did you eat something that triggered it?, 2) did you wear something that irritated the area?, 3) did you move a certain way that may have aggravated it? DISCUSS with your PCP too - sometimes may be related disease - like diabetes, thyroid, etc.
Answered on Apr 4, 2019
1
Dr. Robert Rosenstein
41 years experience Podiatry
Itching: Dear Michelle, You need to schedule an appointment with a Physician to have an exam and possible lab work to figure out what is causing your itching. The sooner you make your appointment the sooner you will get the help you need.
Answered on Dec 4, 2018
2