U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I have a rash on top of both of my feet. have had it for several years. as i get older it gets worse . it itches like crazy when i take off my boots and it gets air. my doctor says its not athlete's foot and it is starting to form on my ankles . i wear wo

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
So what did the : Doc think it was? If you have it that long and it doesn't respond to therapy, a biopsy is in oreer to have a definitive diagnosis.
Dr. Andrew Schneider
ABPM 25 years experience
Contact dermatitis?: If it isn't fungus, then it is a form of dermatitis, a skin inflammation. Considering where it is, consider contact dermatitis, a reaction to materials in clothing, shoes, etc. Visit a dermatologist or podiatrist. You would benefit from a biopsy and possibly patch testing to see if you are allergic to anything causing this problem.
Last updated Apr 12, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.