A member asked:

What looks to be either an ingrown hair or sebaceous cyst is on my mons pubis. i would like to avoid having it surgically removed. what should i do?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. David Earle answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Nothing special: Keep the area clean, and watch for signs of enlargement or infection (tired skin, tenderness). If either if these things occur, see your doctor. If you ever chamge your mind, surgical excision is usually done with local anesthesia as an outpatient. Recovery is typically short, and risk of complications low. Hope this helps!

Answered 9/28/2016



Related Questions

A member asked:

How do I get rid of an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst on private area?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor