U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Ripley, MS
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have a red circle with what looks like a cyst in the center &sometimes has a black head. it on my vagina.i think ingrown hair.been there for 5 days?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology 37 years experience
Sounds like it: If this is around a hair follicle it is called folliculitis. It will respond to drainage but may require an antibiotic to treat. If it worsens, see your doctor as these can sometimes progress to a full blown abscess.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 15, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.