United Kingdom

i have rash on back and arm?

Dr. John Rhoades
Unknown: Without seeing your rash, there is no way to make a Dx.

How do I get rid of back-of-the-arm rashes?

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology 40 years experience
Keratosis pilaris?: Probably the most common rash on the back of the upper arms. There's no perfect way to treat it. Some moisturizers with ammonium lactate can help soften and smooth. A prescription product like tretinoin (retin-a and others) can help smooth the areas.

As a caregiver, how can I prevent back injuries helping a 120-lb person stand?

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarberaanswered
See below: Don't use just your back. Bend at the knee and hips, when you are helping the person stand. That will allow you to take the strain off of your back.

How should you lift things to prevent back pain?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Be aware : Be aware of proper body mechanics by using your legs as your power source and keeping the load close to your body while avoiding any type of twisting or rotation as you lift. Know your limits especially with large, bulky objects or heavy ones.

Is it ok to get electrical pulse therapy on upper back if three m pregnant? Accupunc put tinyclips on skin and it sent electrical stim pulses upprback

Dr. Bruce Young
It's OK: There is insufficient evidence of any harmful effect other than a small risk of skin infection.
Buffalo, MO

I have a rash that keeps coming back in my arm pits. I have changed deodorant several times and even tried making my own and i still get this resh.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Many possibilities: There are many types and causes of skin rashes. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

Last updated Feb 5, 2015