Saudi Arabia

its my 2nd month in the gym and taking protein powder to increase my mass, so r there any side effects of taking it more than limited quantity?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
A lighter wallet: The typical western diet provides more than enough protein to support the metabolic processes of the athletic population. Multiple studies show that supplemental protein has no effect on the results of training.
Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Yes, potentially: A study showed that in people working out, more than 20g of protein 3-4 times a day didn't help them. Taking too much protein could put extra load on your kidneys. Stones, gout if you really overdo it. If you're supplementing, make sure you drink plenty of water. A far greater factor in how 'buff' you get and good you feel, will be your safety and consistency in working out.