U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 61-year-old female asked:

I need to take colonoscopy. i am so afraid i am having anxiety attacks. who can i talk to professionally that can help me?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Derek Skinner
Family Medicine 20 years experience
Gastoenterologist: The thought of an endoscopy is terrifying to most patients so don't feel bad. I usually encourage my patients to either ask myself or the gastroenterologist who will be performing the procedure. They should be willing to answer your questions. If they won't answer your questions use a different doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 31, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.