Thailand

using a tesla 3 mri s it possible to have a normal mri of hip and then in the same session have a mr-guided mr arthrography of the hip joint?

Dr. Paul Slawek
Radiology 54 years experience
Yes: Yes you can have both. MRI contrast is injected into hip joint and MRI repeated. Theory being that if MRI without contrast revealed the problem no further testing needed. If it was normal a repeat MRI with contrast in joint may show abnormalities not seen on the first study without contrast. (Gadalinium)
Dr. Jeffrey Gross
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
Normal evaluation: Yes. MRI will not show everything, and MRI arthrography adds to the evaluation of the labrum and is often requested by orthopedic doctors to further evaluate problems of the "hip" joint.