i took nyquil about 3 hours ago. i will also be getting cramps tonight. i have naproxen, bayer, (aspirin) and paracetamol. which would be best to take?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Cramping medication: Naproxen, if you are not allergic or have kidney disease, gastritis or severe asthma . Naproxen is an non steroids anti-inflammatory medication (NSAID). They work by blocking COX-1 and 2 enzymes which help make prostaglandins which regulate contraction and relaxation of smooth muscle and therefore cramping and also pain.. .
Dr. Dan Fisher
Nocturnal cramps.: have no known cause and do not respond well to medications. Some find that NSAIDS (naproxen) can help but not consistently. Worthwhile to try changing exercise habits, taking multi mineral and vitamin supplement, doing stretching exercises, wearing shoes with good support, and making sure to be well hydrated. Severe cases may be treated with benadryl, (diphenhydramine) gabapentin or even quinine like meds or benzos