ADHD, anxiety and depression. Is it normal for my doctor to have me on vistaril, Wellbutrin, and Abilify (aripiprazole)? No stimulant or benzos. Not seeking drugs but I told him these meds are making it worse

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
42 years experience in General Surgery
See a psychiatrist: see a apecialist you are not on any medicine for ADHD you are taking medication for depression and anxiety sometime that could make ADHD worst see a specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment
Answered on May 17, 2015
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Roxanne Lewis
Specializes in Clinical Psychology
THe medication Wellbutrin has been shown to be helpful for folks with ADHD--but if your attention problems are the result of depression then you may see some improvement--but the vistaril can cause sedation. If you are not having any psychotic symptoms, then perhaps you need to see a Psychiatrist you trust. If you have ADHD, and not depression, the vistaril and the abilify may create problems.
Apr 29, 2015
Dr. Roxanne Lewis
Specializes in Clinical Psychology
It is important to be certain of the exact diagnosis for which you are being treated, because the combination you are taking does not make as much sense as I would like it to make given your medication regimen. See a specialist you can trust.
Apr 29, 2015