ii am male 6ft 59 yrs.old and med. built what is my ideal body weight?

Dr. Andrew Oswari
180lbs: Around 180lbs and below would give you a bmi under 25.

Could a topical steroid applied to the face decrease inflamation in other areas of the body?

Dr. Jeffrey Rosch
Allergy and Immunology 49 years experience
Steroids absorbed : Depending on which topical steroid, how much is applied to how much skin area, and for how long there could be enough systematic absorption for effects to other areas. Realize that would also imply greater likelyhood of systemic side effects.

Is it common for men to have significant breast tissue?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
Men have: Breast buds and pre-cursors that will respond to estrogenic stimulus: gynecomastia, and there are 0.1-1% of breast cancer occurs in males.

I m 34, male. Since last 2 yrs I m suffering from asthama.I never had this problem in my life. But now its very difficult to breathe.?

Doctor can evaluate: For new onset of asthma symptoms in an adult, he can see and follow-up with his primary care doctor. If symptoms are difficult to get rid of, or are unusual, the patient can see an allergy & asthma specialist, and/or see a pulmonologist (lung doctor). Pulmonary function tests and allergy tests can be helpful when looking for the best treatments. For bad symptoms, the E.R. Is the place to go to.

What is the best way to loose weight with out going a diet? I'm having a very time getting this weight off of me 5'9 at 242 it all in the belly...

Dr. William Forsythe
Emergency Medicine 27 years experience
Exercise : Adding exercise and self control by reducing portion intake and eating the right foods while counting calories is best. Increase fruit and fiber intake if not eating enough. Take a yoga course or start swimming if not already. Good, low impact exercises. If considering surgical options, know that the best procedures and surgtons usually require that one starts losing weight first.
Union City, NJ

I have Crohn's and take oxycodone. I have never gotten back to my normal weight after my initial surgery. Can oxycodone be a factor to this?

Dr. Troy Reyna
Pediatric Surgery 44 years experience
Probably not: Oxycodone is effective for pain control and slowing down intestinal motility which can b rapid in crohn's.