U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old male asked:

I am blood sugar .one month ago my blood sugar fbg402 and ppg 512 after glucomet gp1 tablet now fbg 106 and ppg 97 what i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 44 years experience
Diabetes treatment: Hard to understand your question, but it seems your diabetes was very poorly controlled, your doctor put you on a medication (glimepirde/metformin), and now your sugars are very good. It sounds like the medication worked. Is your glucometer functioning properly? Have you improved your weight and exercise? See your doctor, but it is possible you could take metformin alone.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 30, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.