A member asked:

52 yr old female with rh low pain which goes into r rib & up to r shoulder tip. i have no gallbladder. drs think gerd or ibs, i wonder if it is gyni?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Otto Placik answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Gyne pain is rarely referred o the right shoulder. However, it may be best to discuss this with your gynecologist or internist i'df you suspect that is the cause.

Answered Mar 31, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Erik Borncamp answered

Specializes in Wound care

Gyne is a possibility. There are adhesive diseases that could give you those symptoms. Does it feel like the symptoms you had before you lost your gallbladder? If so, you may want to rule out a retained stone or other gallstone related issue. You can be scoped to look for gerd, ulcers gastritis etc. Ibs should be a diagnosis of exclusion. When was your surgery?

Answered Sep 28, 2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor