Vernon, Connecticut

my dr put me on fioricet (acetaminophen butalbital and caffeine) for my severe migraines. i get them every day and the med often makes it worse. is there anything else i can take?

Dr. Marvin Den
Migraines: At this point the question is- are you having migraines or withdrawal headaches from medication overuse. Opiods can easily cause these. Would speak to your doctor or see a neurologist for help.
Neurology 52 years experience
Yes, you sure can: Have not used barbiturates for migraine for literally years, as is not appropriate due to rebound reaction like you describe. Similar effect with opioids. You have chronic daily headaches and need to interrupt pattern with preventative agent such as depakote, topamax (topiramate) or otc prep such as riboflavin, coq10, feverfew, butterbur, magnesium. See headache specialist.