U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Albuquerque, NM
A 45-year-old male asked:

Chronic sinusitis for yrs with pink-eye-like symptoms/eye pressure for 3 mos. after ct one ent says surgery now! 2nd ent says stronger drugs. which?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Cannot advise: Without seeing the films and having your full medical history it is impossible to intelligently provide an answer. If you have had this for years and have not been able to resolve it, eradication seems unlikely with medication alone. There may be other alternatives to full surgery. Get a third opinion or discuss at length with the two doctors who differ.
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Third opinion: Chronic sinus disease is difficult to treat and some ENT mds feel that surgery in their opinion, helps clean the sinuses out better than several courses of antibiotics. As for your eyes chronic conjunctivitis, i'd rec. That you have an eye exam too. There may be some comforting and treatable solutions for this (& no surgery). If you feel hesitant with surgery, tell him/her and kindly ask for 3rd.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.