my husband found out that he had prostate cancer a week ago and doctors said he was at stage 4, what can i do?

Dr. John Munshower
Be supportive: As a wife, you need to be supportive and talk with the doctors along with your loving husband, to determine the best course of action to take with his condition. God bless and good luck.
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 22 years experience
Stage 4: See a medical oncologist asap consider going to an academic medical center, may have a clinical trial for you.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
If he indeed has: Disease outside the prostate, commonly it goes to bones. Some declare this based on psa number. Treatment for advanced prostate sometimes is done by the urologist (hormone management) of medical oncologist, or focal radiotherapy for pain, but make sure the treatment doe snot cause more 'harms' than the disease. If you feel good, treatment may not improve that, and might cause symptoms.
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 22 years experience
Stage 4 prostate cancer can be managed in a way to reduce pain and complications, while pts always have option to forgo intervention
Apr 4, 2013