TX

i have white bumps on the back of my throat. they seem like a pimple. i can pop them with my finger nail. what could this be?

Something infectious: Mono is from the ebv virus, and can cause swollen glands (lymph nodes) and big tonsils. Strep throat can do the same thing, but strep throat needs antibiotics. Some other infections can cause big lymph nodes. Tonsils that have bits of white stuff stuck in them are called cryptic tonsils, and also need antibiotics. This all means that a trip to the doctor would be wise.
Dr. Marc Rosenthal
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tonsilliths?: This sounds like tonsilliths. The only permanent cure is tonsillectomy, however, one safe way to get them out if they hurt is to use a water pick.