Pakistan

I express my milk after feeding my baby.will it be helpful to increase my milk flow?

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Expressin breastmilk: If you have extra after the baby is fully fed, u can store the extra for times when u are not around the baby to feed or in public. Just the fct that the baby sucks at the breast is enough to produce more milk. In moms whose baby cannot suck at the brest, and when they jsut pump it, their milk supply eventually dries up. So expressing after the feed may not help in producing more per se.
Dr. Mark Diamond
It Might: This question has no 1 right answer.Insome moms increased pumping does increase milk supply.Try it and see.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Increased .....: ...Stimulation of the breast increases milk supply. The best stimulation comes from the mouth of a baby, but pumping and expressing stimulate too.

Last updated Jan 2, 2015