ZA

I was busy feeding my infant 10 days old a 50ml bottle of nan milk. after feeding him i lifted him to break the wind. while patting him on the back he just through up the entire bottle of milk?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
This is nothing to be concerned about. His stomach is small and was full and the patting just stimulated him to vomit.
Dr. Holly Maes
Not to worry - this is not uncommon in newborns. They can feed to fast or swallow too much air as feeds, and then as air bubble comes up, it. can push the feeding on. Try a nipple that has a slightly slower flow, or interrupt feeding more frequently for burping of baby during feeding. This is a common problem and almost all moms have been covered by at least one feeding in that newborn period!

Last updated Mar 22, 2021