Swansea, SC

I just had my son and have a belly hanging like loose skin. i exercise, diet, watch my calorie intake, and take weight loss pills. nothing is helping. what do i do?

Dr. Steven Rottman
Plastic Surgery 18 years experience
Tummy tuck: This is very common following pregnancy. The stretched abdominal skin often does not improve with diet and exercise. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) removes the excess skin and tightens the abdominal wall muscles to restore the appearance of your abdomen.
Dr. Janet Turkle
Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
Skin laxity?: Give yourself time! the skin might regain some tone over time. The pregnancy process causes a lot of stretch in the skin and separates the rectus muscles. Diet and exercise cannot correct all of this. Once one has completed their family, an abdominoplasty might be beneficial to rid one of the skin excess and bring the muscles back together.
Dr. Payman Danielpour
Plastic Surgery 19 years experience
Tummy tuck: What you're speaking about are post pregnancy changes. They are usually accompanied with sagging skin abdominal laxity and small pooch that is felt in the mid or upper abdomen. This is usually due to a rectus diastasis which is a loosening of the stomach muscles. All if these can be remedied by a tummy tuck which is an outpatient procedure which is most commonly done post pregnancy.
Dr. Karen Vaniver
Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
This surgery is best done obce your tissues return to normal and your weight is stable, about six months after chuldbirth.
Mar 25, 2013
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Lax skin removal: Your body shape is likely due to a combination of loose skin, separated muscles, and undesirable localized fatty deposits which are best treated by body contouring procedures such as a tummy tuck or even a belt lipectomy with muscle repair. The extent of the surgery will vary with the extent of laxity and varies greatly from one individual to another.

Last updated Dec 19, 2019