U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Piggott, AR
A 45-year-old female asked:

Have pain in right hip about 2 mos. seems more intense when i stand up from a sitting position affecting my walk for the first minute or so.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Arthritis?: By pure defintition, arthritis is "inflammation of a joint, " which is sounds like you have. The casue could be generalized oa or rheumatiod arthritis, or a host of other possible conditions. Try taking an NSAID to start (aleve, or motrin, etc), and if not better, you will need to see a dr. For an evaluation and definative diagnosis. Hope you feel better soon.
Last updated Dec 19, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.