Singapore

my 5 year old is having fever . should i check her temp regularly at night? if fever occurs, shoukd i wake her up for medication?

No: Sleep has more benefit to your child than any chart you might be keeping to follow her illness.Fever actually slows the growth of most germs & speeds a kids metabolism to help them fight the illness. If she wakes, a med may be in order to help her get back to sleep but you can do that based on a warm forehead.There is no need to check her temp. I would concentrate more on fluid needs.