U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old female asked:

Have an oval brown spot on private area (mayb birthmark) and noticed lil blk mole (maybe) peeled off a little bleeding. stopped. should i see a doc?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
30 years experience
Good idea: If you have a bleeding mole it's always good to see a doctor. Particularly in an area that may cause it to become infected, the g/u location is a source for gut bacteria, especially if female. A gyne can remove it if you're female.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 26, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.