how can i have control over junk food?

Dr. Kerry Friesen
Preventive Medicine 30 years experience
Brain makes us ea: We are wired for hunger. Salt, sugar, fat are especially tempting since eating them releases Dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is critical to the reward circuitry of the brain. Stress increases appetite by releasing neuropeptide y. By decreasing stress and naturally elevating Dopamine levels through diet and exercise you can cut cravings. Cognitive therapy can help you recognize and break the cycle.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Decision first: You first need to decide consciously whether or not you're ready to change your diet. If not, you won't change. If you are ready, you need to educate yourself about healthy food substitutes for the "junk food" you're now eating. Clear that diet "kryptonite" out of your kitchen. Cravings may also come from emotions, rather than actual hunger. http://www.amihungry.com/ offers one approach.
Dr. Kathryn Peper
Don't buy it: Although we are constantly tempted by junk food since it is available at stores and restaurants all around us, one place we can control its' presence is in our homes. If you consider that any junk food in our cupboards or refrigerators will probably get eaten, the best thing to do is not to buy it or bring it into the house to begin with. Just don't buy it!